Concessionary Travel Scheme

If you live in the Wrexham County Borough area and are:

  • Aged 60 years or over; or
  • In receipt of Disability Living Allowance (with HIGHER rate mobility content); or
  • In receipt of a war pensioner's mobility supplement; or
  • Registered blind, partially sighted or profoundly deaf; or
  • Without arms or without the use of both arms; or
  • Without speech; or
  • Registered as having a learning disability; or
  • Unable to drive a motor car due to a medical condition other than on the grounds of persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol

you will be entitled to a pass, which will enable you to travel free on all local bus services.


Your free travel pass will be valid from the date of issue and will be valid all day, every day not only in Wrexham, but also for travel throughout Wales.

How do I obtain my pass?

You will need to take with you the following.

  • A recent passport size photograph (full face)
  • Proof of residence such as a Council Tax bill, phone bill or gas bill
  • Proof of entitlement (see below)
    • If you are over 60 you will need to verify your date of birth
    • If you are in receipt of Disability Living Allowance you will need to show your valid entitlement award letter
    • If you are registered blind, partially sighted, or profoundly deaf, you need to obtain proof of this from Social Services
    • If you have a Learning Disability you will need to refer to Social Services, the Community Learning Disability Health Team or the Education Department
    • If you are without speech or without the use of both you will need to supply medical evidence to support your application
    • If you are unable to drive due to a medical condition you will need to supply a letter of verification from the DVLA or your doctor